Effective Meeting Design and Facilitation
Master proven skills and techniques to maximize the value of any meetings
This course will quickly teach you how to:
- Improve your techniques for planning and scheduling meetings
- Learn the four basic types of meetings and how to facilitate each
- Increase team performance through team-building meetings
- Learn how to efficiently manage a meeting, using less time to accomplish more
- Identify your key stakeholders and learn to communicate with them effectively
- Learn how to effectively deal with problem team members in meetings
- Learn how to train your team to be active listeners
- Identify and solve real-world challenges to effective communications
- Use self-assessment tools to enhance your communications competency
- Develop action plans for improving your interpersonal communications
- Bonus when you attend: Receive and use in class the following texts: The Manager's Guide to Effective Meetings by Barbara J. Streibel and Doyle’s How to Make Meetings Work
Design Effective Meetings for Every Situation.
Our failure to properly design and facilitate effective meetings leads to one of the business world's most common frustrations - the time-wasting meeting. If given the choice, most people would rather come in early, stay late, or even work through lunch rather than attend one more inefficiently run meeting. Late starts, even later finishes, private agendas, loss of control by the meeting facilitator: these common problems result in major management frustrations, lost productivity, missed deadlines, and ineffective and missed communications. Effective Meeting Design and Facilitation attacks the problem of meeting failures by addressing the root causes: poor planning and faulty execution.
Ineffective meetings are costly…preventing them isn't!
The lost value to a project of a ten-person poorly-run one-hour meeting can be in the thousands of dollars. And this figure does not even start to include the detrimental effects of poorly understood or missed communications. By investing in just a few key skills and using them consistently, you can save significant time and money on your projects, and ultimately deliver higher-quality communications to your team members and key stakeholders.
Discover the real-world techniques that will help you immediately.
This two-day course will give you hands-on experience with the latest proven techniques for designing and facilitating effective, focused meetings. Lively lectures combined with insightful demonstrations and realistic practice exercises will provide you with the competence and confidence to improve your meeting management skills. You'll gain a thorough understanding of meeting types, the challenges faced in meeting facilitation, and practical approaches for handling meeting (and team) pathologies. Make your project meetings into opportunities to build team cohesion, create buy-in from team members and key stakeholders, and most importantly get things done. Regardless of your organization's environment, you can't afford to miss this course!