Managing Offshore Software Projects
Capitalize on Lean, Agile, and controlled project management principles for success in leading and managing outsourced projects. Get your skills recognized and gain credibility with this in-demand certification.In this class, quickly master how to::
Will my project paradigm work with outsourcing?
- Retain outsourced project cost reductions through solid engagement control
Utilize cultural diversity to amplify result delivery
- Control known outsource risks
- Understand joint and individual project responsibilities
- Prepare for outsourced projects getting your business in order
- Appreciate the true value of outsourcing through proper cost and benefit analysis
- Manage outsourced engagement involving traditional and agile delivery models
- Acknowledge the importance of viability when compared to capability
- As an added bonus, you will receive recognition as Certified Outsource/Offshore Project Managers (COOPM). This designation is sanctioned by the International Institute for Outsource Management and recognizes your proficiency in this critically important, highly specialized topic area.
We might want to ask whether everything is working smoothly here? Projects fail in much the same fashion as a person’s health; bad diet, inattention to proper care, and late stage resolution attempts. These characteristics manifest early and are major contributors to poor health in outsourced projects.
Savings is key!
Outsourcing is pursued by the lure for immediate reductions in costs. With this comes a new way of doing things and this introduces risk, which often reduces the savings that were anticipated. The pursuit requires an appreciation for the phasing in of savings, and how you as the project manager have a lot to do with seeing that this happens.
Skills, technologies, and tools
Outsourcing requires a continuous review of success and failure. You must be prepared to assess the situation throughout each step of the process. In this interactive workshop, you’ll develop the skills and receive the tools necessary to achieve results. Case studies facilitated by your instructor will give you the practice needed to prepare for the real thing.
Critical success factors for outsourced opportunities
The vast majority of outsourced projects are new development or full scope events. There are however opportunities for outsourcing to provide legacy application re-engineering, ongoing maintenance, prototyping and even limited element construction. Have we sent to much of the project offshore, when a smaller portion might have been okay? Should we initially use outsourcing as a way to learn about project dynamics and opportunity possibilities? Developing the right plan for your project while preparing for the challenges will make for project success on your outsource activities.